Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tips For Hunters

Quick fix hunting mask

Guest Contributor:  Avery Sterling


Hey, Guys.
For those of you who don't know who I am, please allow me to introduce myself. I'm an avid, teenage hunter and a contributing co-editor for Huntography.com.  I have been in hunting documentaries and love anything to do with the outdoors. If you can shoot it, catch it or skin it; I've pretty much done it or plan to.

I'm a certified diver, a second degree black belt in Taekwondo, and plan to become a licensed falconer. I'd like to share with you a few things that have helped me in tight spots or tricks that older outdoorsmen have taught me.

Hunting Mask Emergency

 
 
I can't count the times I've gotten to deer camp and can't find a hunting mask. I either left it at home, lost it on the four wheeler trail, or the dog ate it. Who knows? Anyways, I've done this little trick a time or two.
 
 
Take one of your old t-shirts and cut the sleeves off at the seems. Its best to use a shirt that's not oversized for you, and of course, a dark color. I usually have extra shirts like this at camp for layering on those cold mornings.
 

 
 
Pull the cut sleeve over your head, starting with the under arm part first and ending up with the tip of the sleeve just under your eyes.
 
 
 
That's it. Its a homemade hunting mask and it works just as good as those I've paid, or rather, my parents have paid big money for.


Thank you for allowing me to share and come visit me on Huntography.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment