Friday, August 30, 2013

Safer Mosquito Repellant


Listerine as a mosquito repellant
 
Here's a little something that might come in handy this holiday weekend.

Instead of spraying your family down with the harmful chemical Deet, use Listerine. Pour the mouthwash in a spray bottle and spray the kiddies with it. You may want to use a nice, fresh scent like mint instead of the original Listerine. Also, do not use the whitening mouthwash; you risk staining or bleaching your clothes.

This will have to be reapplied more often than commercial bug repellants, but its safer for the family.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks....will try it..also use mint mouthwash for deskunking the dog....and then he smell like mint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Listerine on my dogs for fluids, all the money I've spent, nothing works better.my dogs love it and stand still for me to spray just a little !! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to test out stuff I'm definitely gonna try it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you use the generic brands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried, but I don't see why not. I would use the original (gold colored) flavor though. I seem to get the best results from it.

      Delete