Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Southern Scrambled Burgers

 
Scrambled Burger Recipe
 
Some of my fondest memories as a child consisted of me getting off the big yellow bus and walking straight into my grandmother's house. I have no idea how she did it, but she had the perfect icy Coca Cola down to a science. She must have put that sweet elixir in the freezer the same time everyday without fail to serve with my "snack". She'd also have the most delicious hamburger waiting for me. 

I was truly blessed to have had such a wonderful southern lady as my grandma. Though I was young, I sometimes helped Granny in the kitchen, so I'm fortunate enough to remember how she made those melt in your mouth, face covering, bites of heaven. Of course, no matter if I made these exactly as Granny made them, they'd never taste as good . . . she made hers with love.
 
I miss my little Granny Conner, but she gave me so much wisdom, laughter, and love in the time I had her that she will never be forgotten.
 
Thank you Granny for all the good times and for passing along your knowledge and traditions. I love you. Until we meet again, I'll try to keep your traditions going . . . like scramble burgers, icy Cokes, throwing water on stray dogs, and of course, saying your favorite quote, "Lord, God" before any sentence of shock. "Lord, God; you nearly spilled them youngens;" has to be my favorite.
 

Ingredients:


2 lbs. Ground Beef
1 Small Onion (diced)
4 Tbsp. Ketchup
4 Tbsp. Yellow Mustard
Dash of Garlic Salt
Black Pepper
 
In a large skillet, brown Ground Beef. Toss in onions and cook until caramelized. Drain fat from beef.  Season meat with garlic salt and black pepper. Turn heat to low and pour in Ketchup and Mustard. Cook for about a minute, stirring constantly to keep the condiments from burning. Scoop a serving spoon full and press onto bottom half of bun, then press the top half of bun onto meat. Serve immediately.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment